Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes!
“Image to text ratio” is the number of images you have in your email, as compared to the amount of text you have in your email. The simple answer is: too many images and not enough text and your email will be considered dodgy and won’t be delivered.
General rules for the HTML version are:
- A maximum of 40% image coverage
- A minimum 60% text coverage
- At least 400 characters of text (some say 500 characters)
How to achieve this:
- Add more text (simple as that).
- Add alternate text behind each image.
- Where you have text in an image, make it actual text.